About the Instructor:
Yoshiko Bowyer (M.Ed) had been a school teacher in Japan for over twenty years. She currently teaches Japanese for kids’ live group classes at Asian Language School.
Who is this course for?
- Children 8-11 years old who are completely new to Japanese.
- Elementary school students who are interested in learning the Japanese language independently.
- Current students who have learned some Japanese and would like additional materials for practice.
What does this course include?
- Over 50 engaging topics gradually introduced to beginner learners.
- Printable study notes and hiragana writing worksheets.
- Quizzes at the end of each topic to test students’ understanding.
- Homework assigned throughout the course.
- Bonus revision lessons to summarize materials covered.
- Graded final exam.
- Certificate of completion at the end of course.
What will students learn in this course?
Students will learn over 500 Japanese vocabularies, essential grammars, how to form sentences, and how to read and write the Japanese script hiragana. The instructor will also share interesting Japanese cultural tips throughout the course.
Lesson instruction is given in both English and Japanese. Romanized Japanese writing is included while students are still learning hiragana. The instructor will ask students questions during the video lesson to build their listening and speaking skills, while Japanese classroom instructions and other frequently used expressions are repeated throughout the course to aid learning retention.
How to use this course?
- Students should aim to study 2-3 topics each week and complete the course within half-a-year time.
- Print the study notes before watching the video lesson and take your own notes while learning.
- Complete the quiz and homework for each topic before moving on to the next topic.
Course access is for 365 days.